We have 257 private and semi private personal care home rooms located throughout our facility
The program recognizes that residents each have their own special needs, and care plans are designed to meet these individual needs.
Residents enjoy predominantly private rooms, and each wing has a central area for dining and activities. Regular social events are planned, including outings, exercise groups, one to one activities, bingo and many more, according to the desires of the residents. In room cable television, wifi and telephone connection can be made available.
Objectives of the Program
One of the main objectives of the Personal Care Units is to develop a community spirit amongst the residents so they will feel at home at Riverview. Other objectives include:
- To provide supportive care for individuals who are no longer capable of living independently in the community.
- To ensure the residents’ individual autonomy is preserved.
- To maximize the residents’ quality of life.
- To maintain the highest degree of functional independence possible.
- To provide a safe and secure environment.
- Applications go the the WRHA Long Term Care Access Centre, and all residents must meet the criteria for panelling
- The Access Centre forwards the application to the care home selected by the resident.
- Residents are admitted to Riverview’s Personal Care Units according to their care needs and the availability of beds.
Care provided on the Personal Care Units
The Personal Care Units offer a full range of professional care, including 24 hour physician coverage, nursing care, recreation facilitators, clinical pharmacists, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, social work and spiritual care.
Tours of the Centre
Riverview offers tours for family members of residents. Information regarding the next tour can be obtained by calling 204-452-3411.
Please follow along the tour to see the units
When can I visit?
Normal visitation is suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic Public Health Directions. Please see ‘COVID-19 News & Updates’ section for current visiting information. Please note, during this time, there are visiting differences between hospital units (Stroke 4East/Acquired Brain Injury Rehab 4West, Palliative Care 3East, Chronic Respiratory Care 2West, and Long Term Ventilation 2East) and Personal Care Home units (CD1, 2, 3, 4, AB1, AB2, 3West).Subject to change without notice upon provincial direction.
What clothing should I supply for my family member?
Please bring an adequate supply of clothing, but do not bring out-of-season clothing, as storage is limited. Families are requested to store out-of-season clothing away from Riverview.
Upon admission, we will label all clothing. If you bring more clothing, please inform the staff so this clothing can be labeled, too.
For more information on this program, contact the PCH Social Worker at: