Programming to help elderly clients reach and maintain a level of physical, mental, emotional and functional health.
Riverview Health Centre Day Hospital provides a short-term rehabilitation program to help elderly clients reach and maintain a level of physical, mental, emotional and functional health. The goal is to maximize independence, self-esteem and life satisfaction.
What the Day Hospital Program provides
- The program is made to address your particular needs. It is intended to improve or maintain ability to function in the community.
- Day Hospital also provides home visit assessments by various team members as needed.
- Care is provided by a number of different health professionals. Based on your needs, you may receive rehabilitation with the physiotherapist or occupational therapist; medical and nursing care; social services (such as social work and/or spirituall care); nutritional and pharmaceutical plans of care; health education; and recreation activities.
What can you expect
- You will see and speak with a number of health care professionals when we first meet with you. This is our way of getting to know you.
- In some situations, all that is required is for us to meet once or twice to address your concerns. In most situations, a program is planned by the team and discussed with you and your family. We will also keep in touch with your family doctor as needed.
What your day will be like
Clients attend Day Hospital Monday to Friday, once or twice a week. The program begins at 9:30 a.m. with exercises and ends at 2:30 p.m. A hot lunch and refreshments will be provided during the day at no cost.
Getting to the Day Hospital
A transportation service is available at a reduced cost to you. You will receive a monthly transportation bill.
You can also use public transportation, such as taxis or Handi-transit. Family can also provide transportation.
What is the referral process for the Day Hospital?
Referrals to Day Hospital can be made a number of different ways. Your family doctor or Home Care Case Coordinator (if you receive services from the Home Care Program) can refer you. You can also be referred by a Geriatric Program Assessment Team or from an in-patient facility.
For more information on this program, contact the Patient Care Manager at:
204-478-6262 or fax 204-284-5386