RHC Foundation is Hiring: Donor Data Specialist28 December 2022
Riverview Health Centre Foundation has an amazing opportunity for a caring, highly organized, technologically savvy individual to join our team as our Donor Data Specialist.
This is a permanent part-time position (21 hours per week).
Who we are, what we do and how we help:
Riverview Health Centre Foundation raises funds in support of Riverview Health Centre, a 387-bed facility located on 25 acres of riverfront parkland on the banks of the Red River in the picturesque Riverview neighborhood. It is home to a variety of programs that meet the health care needs of Manitobans including progressive programming for patients and residents in hospital and personal care home units, as well as outpatient and community programs. Riverview Health Centre provides innovation through education and state-of-the-art research activities, including virtual reality programs and dementia assessment and treatment.
Here’s where you come in:
The Donor Data Specialist will provide support with the day-to-day operations related to our donor database, with an emphasis on processing gifts, corresponding with donors, importing and exporting data files, creating & updating constituent records, and helping to maintain the overall integrity of our data.
• Process philanthropic contributions with consideration to timeliness, efficiency and accuracy of both gift coding and donor biographical data.
• Accurately capture donor intent in processing gifts by maintaining a thorough understanding of all appeals, funds, and gift types including multi-year and annual pledges, matching gifts, tribute gifts, online, wire and stock transactions, in-kind donations, and unit specific funds and initiatives.
• Partner with the Finance Department to coordinate general accounting of gifts, bank deposits, accounts payable and assist as needed with monthly revenue reconciliation and annual audit requests.
• Generate timely and accurate acknowledgment letters, tax receipts, and tribute acknowledgments; effectively coordinate with development team for special letters.
• Create, edit and maintain accurate constituent records in Raiser’s Edge, ensuring that all biographical and donor contact information conforms to the standards established by the Development Office.
• Respond to requests for information from donors, volunteers, and staff in a professional and timely manner.
• Assist the Development team with troubleshooting and resolving gift processing questions;
• Assist with data entry for all events, including gift entry, participant invitation, registration, and attendance information;
• Contribute to team discussions around how to collect, enter, prepare, and visualize data
• Provide technical support for receipt creation in MS Word through mail merge;
• Assist the development team with data hygiene projects, such as address updates, duplicate record cleanup, outstanding pledge research, and constituency code updates;
• Other administrative duties relative to development activities as needed.
• 2-3 years’ experience inputting data or gift entry into Raiser’s Edge or a similar content management system;
• Experience in fundraising/development, bookkeeping/accounting, data entry, or other related positions;
• Strong research, organizational, oral and written communication, and proofreading skills, with a strong eye for detail, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing complex tasks;
• Proficiency using MS Word, Outlook, Excel; knowledge of pivot tables an asset;
• Familiarity with non-profit fundraising operations. Strong working knowledge of CRA receipting guidelines;
• The ability to be self-directed, provide solutions, work well with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and manage workflow processes involving multiple people;
• Collaborative style combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment;
• Sound judgment and the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding the Foundation’s business and sensitive donor information;
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule when required to meet deadlines or other priorities, and;
• Ability to use critical thinking skills to navigate and anticipate requests for data and to solve complex technical problems.
What we offer you in return:
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive pension and benefits plan including an employer match
• Paid vacation
• EAP and other Health and Wellness Benefits
• On site fitness center and low-cost parking
• Professional development and opportunity for growth
• Serene work environment in a beautiful park-like setting
How to apply:
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations, in confidence, to Bridgette Parker at email@example.com no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 13, 2023.
Click here to view full posting.