RHC Foundation is Hiring: Administrative and Development Assistant14 February 2023
Riverview Health Centre Foundation has an amazing opportunity for a caring, highly organized, technologically savvy individual to join our small but mighty team as our Administrative and Development Assistant. This is a permanent full-time position.
Who we are, what we do and how we help
Riverview Health Centre Foundation raises funds in support of Riverview Health Centre, a 387-bed facility located on 25 acres of riverfront parkland on the banks of the Red River in the picturesque Riverview neighborhood. It is home to a variety of programs that meet the health care needs of Manitobans including progressive programming for patients and residents in hospital and personal care home units, as well as outpatient and community programs. Riverview Health Centre provides innovation through education and state-of-the-art research activities, including virtual reality programs and dementia assessment and treatment.
Here’s where you come in
The Administrative and Development Assistant is an individual who works well in a fast-paced environment with a small collaborative team. As the first point of contact for all incoming phone calls and emails you are courteous and friendly. You will provide support to management and aid with various administrative duties, schedule and organize meeting logistics, organize and order supplies, accounts receivable & payable, provide fundraising events support and donation gift processing.
• Be the first point of contact for incoming phone calls and emails and respond in a prompt and courteous manner;
• Provide support to management and aid with various administrative duties;
• Schedule and organize meeting logistics; takes, prepares and distributes minutes for meetings as assigned;
• Organize and order supplies, oversee maintenance of equipment; maintains electronic and hard copy filing system;
• Provides fundraising events support;
• Process philanthropic contributions with consideration to timeliness, efficiency and accuracy of both gift coding and donor biographical data.
• Accurately capture donor intent in processing gifts by maintaining a thorough understanding of all appeals, funds, and gift types including multi-year and annual pledges, matching gifts, tribute gifts, online, wire and stock transactions, in-kind donations, and unit specific funds and initiatives.
• Partner with the Finance Department to coordinate general accounting of gifts, bank deposits, accounts payable and assist as needed with monthly revenue reconciliation and annual audit requests.
• Generate timely and accurate acknowledgment letters, tax receipts, and tribute acknowledgments; effectively coordinate with development team for special letters.
• Create, edit and maintain accurate constituent records in Raiser’s Edge, ensuring that all biographical and donor contact information conforms to the standards established by the Development Office.
• Maintain an accurate donor list for recognition updates and sends out related correspondence.
• Respond to requests for information from donors, volunteers, and staff in a professional and timely manner.
• Assist the Development team with troubleshooting and resolving gift processing questions.
• Contribute to team discussions around how to collect, enter, prepare, and visualize data.
• Provide technical support for receipt creation in MS Word through mail merge.
• Assist the development team with data hygiene projects, such as address updates, duplicate record cleanup, outstanding pledge research, and constituency code updates.
• 2-3 years’ high paced office experience; experience inputting data or gift entry into Raiser’s Edge or a similar content management system is considered an asset;
• Experience in fundraising/development, bookkeeping/accounting, data entry, or other related positions;
• Strong research, organizational, oral and written communication, and proofreading skills, with a strong eye for detail, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing complex tasks;
• Proficiency using MS Word, Outlook, Excel; knowledge of pivot tables an asset;
• Familiarity with non-profit fundraising operations. Strong working knowledge of CRA receipting guidelines;
• The ability to be self-directed, provide solutions, work well with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and manage workflow processes involving multiple people;
• Collaborative style combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment;
• Sound judgment and the ability to exercise discretion when dealing with confidential information regarding the Foundation’s business and sensitive donor information;
• Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule when required to meet deadlines or other priorities;
• Ability to use critical thinking skills to navigate and anticipate requests for data and to solve complex technical problems.
Working 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday (some evenings and weekends required with ample notice)
What we offer you in return
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive pension and benefits plan including an employer match
• Paid vacation
• EAP and other Health and Wellness Benefits
• On-site fitness center and low-cost parking
• Professional development and opportunity for growth
• Serene work environment in a beautiful park-like setting
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations, in confidence, to Bridgette Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, February 28, 2023.