How do I get admitted to a rehab bed?

We are part of the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) rehab/geriatrics program coordinated entry system. Riverview offers stroke and acute brain injury rehabilitation. If you need rehab from a full team of rehab clinicians (doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech language pathologists, and others) and do not require acute care hospitalization, you can be referred to the regional system by your physician.  As beds become available, Riverview receives candidate applications from the system. Where more than one centre offers rehab, this centralized process helps ensure that you go to an available rehab bed as quickly as possible.

Learn more about how this works:

Skip to content