Foundation Events and Communications Coordinator: Job posting.8 August 2023
Riverview Health Centre Foundation has an amazing opportunity for a caring, creative, highly organized event planner and communicator to join our team as our Events and Communications Coordinator.
Who we are, what we do and how we help:
Riverview Health Centre Foundation raises funds in support of Riverview Health Centre a 387-bed facility located on 25 acres of riverfront parkland on the banks of the Red River in picturesque Riverview neighborhood. It is home to a variety of programs that meet the health care needs of Manitobans including progressive programming for patients and residents in hospital and personal care home units, as well as outpatient and community programs. Riverview Health Centre provides innovation through education and state of the art research activities, including Person Directed Living and dementia assessment and treatment.
Here’s where you come in:
Riverview Health Centre Foundation is seeking someone who will actively build and create a strong donor experience through storytelling, high-quality, meaningful communications, creative, and engaging events. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Events & Communications Coordinator is a highly organized, critical thinker and creative individual, capable of managing multiple priorities and deadlines while working collaboratively with colleagues and other stakeholders.
• Organize special events held by the Foundation
o Organization includes developing concepts, costing, revenue and expense projections, timeline development;
o Developing and maintaining relationships with donors and sponsors;
o Developing sponsorship packages, marketing, soliciting & securing of sponsorship opportunities;
o Engaging and motivating volunteer special events committees;
o Seeking advertising opportunities, negotiating with suppliers;
o Providing constructive feedback and analysis after the event;
o Other tasks as needed to make an event both a financial and reputational success.
• Attend and support the volunteer Chair at all event meetings.
• Attend and participate in all sub-committee meetings.
Communications & Marketing
• Developing and maintaining an annual communications plan that will look to enhance the presence of the Foundation and the Health Centre across the province, focusing on storytelling & a donor-centered style of communication;
• Managing email communications platform, including calendar, list growth and maintenance, and content creation;
• Managing media relations, including identification and communication of media opportunities, issuing media releases, and staying connected with key media contacts;
• Utilizing current effective practices of public media donor stewardship and events while testing new innovative approaches;
• Working with Riverview Health Centre to maintain and update website(s);
• Working with Executive Director to create marketing campaigns for new fundraising projects at Riverview Health Centre;
• Co-ordinating with designer team to execute large designs and marketing materials;
• Working with Executive Director to market Riverview Health Centre to the general public, improving community awareness of the facility and make presentations where and when appropriate;
• Managing Riverview Health Centre Foundation’s social media channels, including planning, content creation, community engagement, and progress tracking.
• Post-Secondary Education in Communications or Marketing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
• Well-developed communication skills, written and verbal with the ability to correspond effectively with sponsors, donors and potential donors.
• 2- 3 years’ experience planning successful fundraising events (both financial and in a public relations manner);
• Experience using InDesign, Lightroom and Photoshop
• Proficient and detail-oriented in financial and language literacy;
• Demonstrated proficiency using various social media platforms and creativity to grow impact within those platforms;
• Experience working with volunteers; recruiting, directing activities, empowering them to help plan events
• Experience and comfort with public speaking;
• Experience creating marketing materials such as brochures and newsletters;
• Experience creating and maintaining websites;
• Ability to be flexible to the requirements of the position and in the hours/times needed to complete the position responsibilities;
What we offer you in return
• Competitive salary with a range of $60,000 – $70,000
• Comprehensive pension and benefits plan including an employer match
• Vacation starting at 3 weeks
• EAP and other Health and Wellness Benefits
• On-site fitness center and low-cost parking
• Professional development and opportunity for growth
• Serene work environment in a beautiful park-like setting
How to apply
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations, in confidence, to Bridgette Parker at email@example.com no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 31, 2023.