November 7, 2020 COVID-19 Update7 November 2020
7 November 2020
We have been made aware today that a health care worker at Riverview Health Centre within our Personal Care Home Program has tested positive for COVID-19. This constitutes an outbreak being declared at Riverview Health Centre.
At this time, no residents or other employees are exhibiting symptoms. If symptoms develop, we will test our residents for COVID-19. If your family member is tested at any time, you will be contacted directly. We continue to actively screen employees to see if testing is required.
We appreciate this is unsettling news for our patients, residents and their loved ones. Please be assured that we have moved quickly to investigate this situation. The health of our patients, residents and employees is our top priority.
To help stop the spread of the illness, the following measures have been implemented:
• Visitation will be suspended on our CD units
• Admissions will be suspended
• Staff are being screened to see if testing is required
• All staff who are in contact with residents will be wearing required protective equipment to further prevent any potential transmission between staff members and residents
• Communal meals and recreation activities for all residents are being modified.
We appreciate your concern for your loved one. Our priority at this time is the care of our residents. If you have questions specific to your loved one’s health condition, please contact the nursing staff on the unit.
If you recently visited the facility and have questions or concerns about your own health, please contact Health Links-Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or toll-free 1-888-315-9257.
Thank you for your understanding.
RHC Senior Leadership Team